SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (TIKTOK):
After three months working as a retail assitant at local fancy dress store Luvyababes, my manager gave me an extra role as the TikTok Manager. I learnt about Social Media Marketing alongside my retail assistant duties full-time, as I had opted to defer the final year of my degree.
Click HERE to watch our TikToks!
The Brief:Grow brand awareness of local store, Luvyababes, to increase footfall, sales, and community spirit.
Following rough guidance and ideas from the store-manager, promote new-in and trending products, in a fun and humourous way to further drive students into the store.
The Story:With a huge range of societies and sports clubs at both Nottingham Trent Univeristy and University of Nottingham, successful use of marketing through TikTok was a key way to gain new and returning customers.
With socials held every Wednesday without fail for both unis, I would target themes that large societies were doing and make fun, on-trend videos for that week. Similarly, key calendar marketing dates led to surges in TikToks around Christmas and Easter, since these attracted all Nottingham and surrounding area residents, rather than students alone.
Generally the account often went viral and customers would regularly come in asking for certain items they had seen on our videos - this proves the account’s success! To date, the most successful TikTok has 400k views and 5k likes, however my manager has decided to halt the use of the account for now.
- Social Media Marketing
- Styling - Curating the best outfits, often in multiple different looks
- Organisation - Balancing final year, retail work, and learning SMM skills and how TikTok works
- Trend Analysis - Ensuring I was in-the-know of current themes and trends to engage customers
- Team Leadership - Arranging who can be involved in Tiktoks and when
- Visual Merchandising - Making sure the store is well merchandised to capture all products in a good light
- Video Editing